Whilst working for Adaptavist I started working on a plugin for Confluence which would filter out unwanted text from wiki pages and blog posts. The resulting code was later submitted into Atlassian’s Codegeist Competition in 2011 by myself and another colleague, Robin Crorie.
At the time the plugin was a fairly basic prototype but I always intended to spend some time polishing it up so that it could be used in a production environment. After leaving the company in 2012 I spent a little time updating the plugin to v1.1.0, checking compatibility with Confluence 4.3 and making some minor improvements to the user interface.
The 1.1.0 build still had some features missing so in May 2014 I made further changes that led to v1.2.0. This version was the first to be made available on the Atlassian Marketplace for all versions of Confluence 5.
If you are interested in contributing to WTFilter or wish to raise a bug/feature request, please see the Bitbucket page:
There is still some work to be done before the plugin is fully complete so please feel free to checkout the source code and contribute to the project.